Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bitter Sweet

I got laid off last week. I wasn't thrilled about it because it was a great job and I liked it a lot.

I closed my laptop for the last time last Friday. A feeling of relief came over me as I did. It was hard as hell trying to watch 2 kids while I worked. Now I can concentrate on my babies and get some cleaning done as well.

I also am taking this as a chance to amp up and get my photography business rolling. I'm doing a few free sessions right now to build up my portfolio and get some images for my website. Yup, website, I'm going to get one of those too. Todd said he would build it for me, but we'll see if he ever has time. Between work, school, and a few side jobs here and there, he is swamped. If anything I have a free site up and running for now as well as a facebook page. I've even ordered backdrop that came with a special deal to get 3 more for free. Once I get some income from this I'll work on ordering a lighting set up. That is a huge help with getting great images.

I've also expanded on my Etsy shop. Instead of just graduation invitations and birth announcements, I'll be doing birthday, baby shower, and bridal shower invitations. I've made a couple of sales so far, but now that graduation season is over my business has declined tremendously.

If all else fails I'll get unemployment for a while to at least have some extra money coming in to help with the bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment