Thursday, June 21, 2012

It's time for me!

I have come to the realization, that I need to work on myself right now. For years I have concentrated on everyone else, and I have let myself go. It is time to fix that. I think once I am up to par I can be a better girlfriend and mother.

Step one: Health and Weight
I am far too big and unhealthy for my own good. I need to take better care of myself. That started today. I went for a nice walk/run. I think doing this 3-4 times a week will be a good start. The other part of that is diet. We eat like crap, and I am tired of it. Todd thinks a complete meal is a pile of meat. No more! I live right down the street from the farmer's market. I think going weekly to pick up some fruit and veggies is a nice move in the right direction.

Step two: Work and Education
Since I got laid off, I've been looking for a new job. It sucks! Nothing out there is willing to pay enough for me to cover daycare and still make at least some money. I have crappy experience and no degree. I won't make enough with out either of those. How will I take care of that? Go back to school! I filled out my FAFSA, and  with any luck I will qualify for enough in grants and scholarships to put the girls in daycare while I go to school. My roadblock there is, what do I do? I can't answer the question, "What do I want to be when I 'grow up'?" I need to think long and hard about this one

Step three: Hobby
This one is easy. Photography is my hobby. I am practicing, and so far I'm still pretty crappy at it. I ordered some equipment to help me out, a flash and some back drops. Outdoor photography isn't my thing, so I'll give the indoor stuff a try with this equipment as soon as it comes it.

Step four: Make new friends
I have like 2 friends, and they are either flakey or don't ever get out. Not the kind of friends any one wants to have really. I am totally socially awkward, so I need to come back to this one LMAO

Welp, there is the baby alarm. I had better run :)

No comments:

Post a Comment