Monday, October 31, 2011

Finally the costume is done!

I know, I know, it's taken me until right before Halloween to have it done, but here it is.


The hood was a pain the the butt, I'll tell you that much.

I cut out a half circle on the fold so that I could sew it all the way around and it still be a half circle. I put just a little bit of stuffing in it and closed it up.
I then proceeded to sew on the pieces of mop head. That took forever!
After that I sewed the eyeballs on to the top.
Next came the teeth. Those are just cut out of a white piece of felt, and I hot glued them on. Yup I cut corners with a hot glue gun.
Finally, attaching it. I didn't want to sew on snaps, so I just safety pinned it on instead of sewing it on. This way it could move back and forth with ease.

Lily hates to wear anything on her head, so let's see how it goes tonight. She loved wearing the body part, so at least she'll keep that on.

I will certainly post pictures of the finished product on, and I 'll show off my Mike Wazowski costume as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment