Sunday, October 16, 2011

My attempt at making a Monster's Inc costume

I figured since Halloween is a couple of weeks away I had better get crackin' on little miss Lily's costume. I figured since she LOVES Monster's Inc and looks an awful lot like Boo that is what we'll go with.

The Inspiration

I started today, and so far it doesn't look too bad. I got a couple of yards of some purple foil dot fabric, some poly stuffing, a couple of styrofoam balls, black pipe cleaners, and I broke out my trusty sewing machine.




I am working on the body part first since that seemed the easiest. I just measured Lily (added a few inches for seam allowance and stuffing), sewed a big rectangle and some lines across it. Then I stuffed it and cut out the arm holes. After that I closed those up around the edges so the stuffing wouldn't pop out.

Here is what I have so far.




I'll just close up the back with some of those big silver clips that you use to hold files together since that is what it looks like in the movie.

The hood is my next step. I still need to pick up a mop head for that, but I am not looking forward to it since it does seem a bit more difficult.

Anywho, when all is said and done she'll just wear a white long sleeve shirt and some white leggings under it, and her hair will of course go up in some piggy tails.

Be on the look out for round 2

No comments:

Post a Comment