Saturday, October 15, 2011

Laughter is the best medicine

This pregnancy has been kicking my ass with all of the pain in my hips, my tailbone, and yes my belly already. Ick! It doesn't make things anything better that I fractured my tailbone as a kiddo, so it kills me when I get knocked up.

Yesterday I was in so much pain it must have been hard to even watch me walk. I looked like I had a stick up my tookus, my feet shackled together with a six inch chain, and like one of my legs was longer than the other. At least that is the best way that I can think to describe the way I looked. I swear my 90 year old great grandmother looks more graceful than I do at this point. As I was laying on the couch in misery Todd decided that I need some cheering up, so he threw on some stand up comedy on good old Netflix.

First we started with that dude from Police Academy that does the noises. Man, that was bad on all levels! I would not recommend it to anyone. I don't know how we made it halfway through that disaster.

Next we decided to give Jeff Ross a try. I totally forgot all about my pain by the end of that show! I laughed so much my cheeks hurt. I hadn't laughed that much since the Arizona desert episode of Dual Survival. The best part was the end when Larry the toll booth operator jumps on stage as a volunteer. I was crying by the end of it because I was laughing THAT much. Here is a quick clip for you to enjoy



If you're having a bad day or if you are in pain, I hope this makes you feel as awesome as it made me feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment